Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: DW 9000 series hat

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Randy walker's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18th, 2001
    Posts
    2,662
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My long back ordered DW 9000 series hihat arrived today and man is it worth the wait. These are very slick, even comes with it's own gig bag and 2 different length rods for the pull asssembly, this alone is kewl because I always have to cut mine shorter.

    Definetly worth checking out guys.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Lorenzini's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 4th, 2001
    Posts
    204
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    I have one as well and I love it! The only thing that I had a problem with was getting the tension set right. Other than that I think the 9000 is the nicest hat stand on the market! Do you use a DW snare stand? I took mine back!!!! They have not profected the snare stand yet.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Randy walker's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18th, 2001
    Posts
    2,662
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I do have one and I use a Yamaha instead. forums

  4. #4
    Inactive Member funkydrummer's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 16th, 2004
    Posts
    203
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm going to have to get one of these. I played one on a friend's setup, and it's an incredible feeling hihat. I didn't even know about the different sized pull rods. Thanks for the tip. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ March 11, 2004 08:07 PM: Message edited by: funkydrummer ]</font>

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Derek DeFields's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2001
    Posts
    1,144
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    wow, I love the DW snare stand. Best one made to me.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Randy walker's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18th, 2001
    Posts
    2,662
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I actually like my DW snare stand, I don't like the fact of it's bulky ness. If I am in town doing casuals, having this stand in the bag with the other 3 dw stands for my kit becomes very heavy and bulky. Now when I am on the road and it's in my road case, who cares. I'm not lifting it.
    But for just corporate/casual stuff, a light weight double braced snare stand works just fine.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Groovemeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 16th, 2002
    Posts
    687
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    They are nuts!!!

    I can't understand how these babies are so darn smooth!!! (Pricey here in England though...)

    MP

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Derek DeFields's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2001
    Posts
    1,144
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    yeah, that's a great point Randy. It would be better single braced.

    I gotta "downgrade" my hardware soon because my hardware case is pushing about 180lbs. [img]eek.gif[/img]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Randy walker's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18th, 2001
    Posts
    2,662
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Derek, I know the delema. I use a hardware bag and in it are 3 DW tom/cymbal stands, I don't mount drums on the kic drum they are all on stands,1 for the floor (although sometimes i use a floor tom with legs), 1 for the 10" and cymbal arm and 1 just for the ride and crash on the right.. 1 snare stand plus boom arms and floor tom legs...it gets to be a pain at times, thank goodness for the Roc N Roller!

  10. #10
    Inactive Member sashal3's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 6th, 2002
    Posts
    151
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've been testing something for the last several months that will prove to be very beneficial. As soon as we get the O.K.,there will be a full display of this wonderful piece of practicality. It has been well received and will quite possibly change your minds about what is really available and "user-friendly." I'm sorry that I can't be more descriptive but it will be well worth the wait. Trust me......

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ March 13, 2004 11:01 AM: Message edited by: sashal3 ]</font>

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •